• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Jurgen

Jurgen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:04 PM

for some reason I cannot return to the numeric mode on my snom 320. Pushing the softkey a->A * the display will show A->1 after a while [ok?] but I cannot get back into the numeric mode. What do I have to do?

At the same time there is a problem dialing with the software version 8 of my phone. I dial the number on my pc the phone will do its job perfectly but on my screen will appear the message: there is a connection problem.

#2 spirit s

spirit s

Snom Support Team

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:36 AM

Just to make it sure before we are digging into the deep.

You are doing the following steps:

1. You are pressing a number on your phone
2. You will see a letter on your display
3. You see a->A at the left corner of the display
4. You press the left softkey
5. A->1 appears
6. You press again the left softkey

What happens to the symbol in the left corner after step 6?
Normally you should see after step 6 (after you pressed the left softkey in mode "A->1" again) 1->a and be able to enter numbers again.

#3 spirit s

spirit s

Snom Support Team

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:42 AM

Regarding the problem with dialing via your PC.

Which firmware are you using and what kind of software.

Where comes the message "there is a connection problem" in teh software you are using to place the call or on the PC?

Thank you for the additional information.

#4 Jurgen

Jurgen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:39 AM

Just to make it sure before we are digging into the deep.

You are doing the following steps:

1. You are pressing a number on your phone
2. You will see a letter on your display
3. You see a->A at the left corner of the display
4. You press the left softkey
5. A->1 appears
6. You press again the left softkey

What happens to the symbol in the left corner after step 6?
Normally you should see after step 6 (after you pressed the left softkey in mode "A->1" again) 1->a and be able to enter numbers again.

#5 Jurgen

Jurgen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:44 AM

1. When I want to dial a number on my phone there always appear letters, never numbers
2. when I press the a-> A * softkey in the display in the first line of the display appears >* after a while [ok?], in the second line a->A
3. when I press the a-> A * softkey twice they same thing will appear in the first line, in the second line I see a->1
4. Whatever key I will press now letters will appear in the display and never numbers.

#6 Jurgen

Jurgen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:46 AM

Regarding the problem with dialing via your PC.

Which firmware are you using and what kind of software.

Where comes the message "there is a connection problem" in teh software you are using to place the call or on the PC?

Thank you for the additional information.

#7 Jurgen

Jurgen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:49 AM

I use the firmware, version 8 for my snom 320.
Once I put in the number I want to reach and say dial I get the following message:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

What you can try:

Diagnose Connection Problems

#8 spirit s

spirit s

Snom Support Team

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:43 PM

Hello Jurgen,

I think I got now whats the problem with the a->A-problem.

You are using the a->A/*-key on the keypad to change the mode.
Please use instead the context-sensitive function key underneath the display.
There are 4 keys underneath the display, you have to press the left of them.
Those keys are related to the second line of the display, whatever is shown there could be used/changed by those keys.
The A->a respective the A->1-funtion is shown there also and could be used via the key below it.

After you see 1->A there you could dial numbers.
After you have done this once the phone will remember the last mode it used (the numerical) and use this the next time you enter a number again.

I will report the unclear behaviour to the development-team.

Regarding the other problem, could you provide the exact version-information of your firmware?
You could find this by the following steps:

- Loogin to the phone
- select "System Information"
- Copy whats written in line "Firmware-Version"

Kindly regards

spirit s

#9 Jurgen

Jurgen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:41 AM

Hello Jurgen,

I think I got now whats the problem with the a->A-problem.

You are using the a->A/*-key on the keypad to change the mode.
Please use instead the context-sensitive function key underneath the display.
There are 4 keys underneath the display, you have to press the left of them.
Those keys are related to the second line of the display, whatever is shown there could be used/changed by those keys.
The A->a respective the A->1-funtion is shown there also and could be used via the key below it.

After you see 1->A there you could dial numbers.
After you have done this once the phone will remember the last mode it used (the numerical) and use this the next time you enter a number again.

I will report the unclear behaviour to the development-team.

Regarding the other problem, could you provide the exact version-information of your firmware?
You could find this by the following steps:

- Loogin to the phone
- select "System Information"
- Copy whats written in line "Firmware-Version"

Kindly regards

spirit s

Many thanks, the first problem is resolved. I had a hard time to get there. I never took my horn as I usually phone via the speakers. I could always get to the point to see A->1 but I never found out how to accept this choice. Taking the horn, using the buttons you told me until I see A-> and put down the horn, that was the solution.

Here the firmware information: snom320-SIP 8.4.32

Thanks again!

Jürgen

#10 Jurgen

Jurgen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:01 PM

Many thanks, the first problem is resolved. I had a hard time to get there. I never took my horn as I usually phone via the speakers. I could always get to the point to see A->1 but I never found out how to accept this choice. Taking the horn, using the buttons you told me until I see A-> and put down the horn, that was the solution.

Here the firmware information: snom320-SIP 8.4.32

Thanks again!

Jürgen

Still another issue for the qeustion of numeric mode: The problem with this issue seemed to be settled but in fact isn't! Taking the horn, now I will immediately dial numbers. But: dialing first, before taking the horn, will make that I just have the option of letters.

#11 spirit s

spirit s

Snom Support Team

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:04 PM

Hello Jurgen,

the problem that the phone will dial the number immediately after you picked the horn and started dialling is probably because of this setting:
http://wiki.snom.com...ings/auto_dial.

For getting rid of the problem that you type letter if the horn is hung up and you dial, there are two solutions.

First one is to press a key during the horn is hung on, you will see a->A or A->1, simply press the outer left context sensitive function key below of the display till you see 1->a.
After you have done this press the "Cancel"-key (the one with the X).
Now if you are pressing a number-key again while the horn is hung on, you should be in numerical mode as expected.
The steps are the same as you did before for the state where the horn is picked up.
The phone stores this setting one time for picked up mode and one time for dialling with hung up horn.

Alternatively you could deactivate the dialing of URLs, which will deactivate the alphanumerical mode.
This setting is described here:
http://wiki.snom.com...ock_url_dialing

If you use the block_url_dialing-setting please note that you are in future just able to dial numbers and not names as john.doe@snom.com for example.

Kindly regards

spirit s

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users