10 replies to this topic

#1 jenson

jenson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:53 AM

Hi,

I got one of our SNOM 370 phones which isnīt active for a longer time now. I tried to set it up again, but I am not able to access the phone or the web interface, since nobody remebers the password. It would be great to get an alternative solution to setup a new account on the phone as soon as possible.

Thank you very much!

#2 PhoneSurgeon

PhoneSurgeon

Snom Support Team

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:13 AM

Hi jenson,

if you donīt have the password for the webinterface and no chance to reset the phone via PUI, the only possibility is to do a TFTP-update to reset the phone to factory defaults. The latest firmware for snom370 can be found here.

Regards

PhoneSurgeon

#3 jenson

jenson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:27 AM

Thank you for your fast reply. Unfortunately I am new to this stuff, and therefore have no Idea which IP adress I should enter in the beginning of the setup nor for the later synch with the PC. Can you give me some more information on this processes?!

thanks

#4 PhoneSurgeon

PhoneSurgeon

Snom Support Team

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:14 PM

Please open the command line/console on your PC, enter "ipconfig" and give me a replay what IP-adress and subnetmask your PC has. Afterwards I can tell you what to enter.

The other thing to do is, download the TFTP-software "pumpkin", a link can be found in our wiki-link which I posted before. The second link points to the firmware which you have to put into a directory which has to be choosen as "TFTP filesystem root".

Regards

PhoneSurgeon

#5 jenson

jenson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:38 PM

all righ, below you see my IP. And I also have downloaded the bin file, renamed it to snom370 and put it into a new folder. My telephone is booted and now waits for me to enter the IP adress, the TFTP server, the IP gateway, and the Netmask

IPv4: 192.168.100.91
subn: 255.255.255.0

#6 PhoneSurgeon

PhoneSurgeon

Snom Support Team

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:46 PM

Ok, as IP-adress lets take 192.168.100.92, as subnetmask 255.255.255.0 and as TFTP-server enter 192.168.100.91, you can ignore IP-gateway if the phone is in the same network as your PC. Please try this out and tell me about the result. :)

Regards

PhoneSurgeon

#7 jenson

jenson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:47 PM

well, it works so far, but it has trouble in the next step.

PumpKIn says:
īsnom370.binī of type īoctedī is requested 192.168.100.92
Transmission of `snom370.binī is timed out
transfer of īsnom370.binī was aborted

#8 PhoneSurgeon

PhoneSurgeon

Snom Support Team

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:31 PM

Does the phone start pulling the firmware, or does it timeout directly? Is the phone directly connected to the computer or is it connected over a switch?

Regards

PhoneSurgeon

#9 jenson

jenson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 03:04 PM

the phone is still displaying "Loading Image", and PumpKIN constantly tries to connect every few minutes, but withour success. it always shows the message above.
The phone is connected via a switch. can I use a regular ethernet cable or do I need a crossed cable?!

#10 PhoneSurgeon

PhoneSurgeon

Snom Support Team

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 03:22 PM

The type of cable should not be relevant, your network card will switch it automatically. If there is only a request and no data transfer it could also be a firewall issue. You might try to switch the firewall off or allow PumpKIN if there is an active firewall.

Regards

PhoneSurgeon

#11 madigan

madigan

Snom Support Team

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3346 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 03:33 PM

Can you connect the phone directly to the network port of the PC PumpKIN is running on?

Make also sure, that network cable is attached to the NET port of your phone.
Also check if "Read Request Behaviour" (PumpKIN: first tab "Server") is set to "Give all files"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users