• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 graffspee

graffspee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:41 PM

We have several Snom 300 and 320 phones on Cisco Callmanager 5.11 and I am trying to program a 320 to be able to pick up incomming calls on another extension and running into a problem. Example: I have a Snom320 that is extension 5417 and I want it to be able to pick up an incomming call on a snom300 that is extension 5415. I set a function key on 5417 to "extension" and in the number field place the extenion number 5415. What happens is really nothing. 5417 will not show incomming calls on function key that is assigned 5415 and if you press that function key it just dials 5415 and that phone rings. In other words it is acting as a speeddial function instead of a line appearance function. After several hours of trying differnt things and searching the website I have hit a wall with it and I have no idea what I am doing wrong or what the problem may be....

#2 Snom101

Snom101

Snom Support Team

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1675 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:45 PM

Extension is to call to that extension (like a speed dial).

The feature that may be of use is 'Shared Line' described in the link below.
http://wiki.snom.com...tings/fkey/mult

Here is a guide to the fkey definitions that can be used:
http://wiki.snom.com/Settings/fkey

#3 graffspee

graffspee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:52 PM

Thanks for the response.....

I tried using the Shared Line function but it does not do anything at all. Is there something special in Call Manager that has to be set up? I have looked and have been unable to find anything relating to setting up this feature with CCM. I have come up on a brick wall with this issue. I have tried everthing I can think of to get it to work and I am have zero success.....

#4 madigan

madigan

Snom Support Team

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3339 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:27 PM

snom phones support extension monitoring either through individual subscriptions or eventlist subscriptions.
I'm not able to find any relevant information whether these methods are supported by CCM.

Looking at the presence section it's not clear if this feature is only being supported for Cisco devices or not.

I would suggest you to try at the Cisco Support Forum.

Information how to configure the phone function keys in general is available here.

#5 graffspee

graffspee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:21 PM

I looked on the Cisco Support forum and made a post to it about the question I have but have not really gotten an answer to the question. So I have no idea what to do about getting a definite answer on the issue.

#6 madigan

madigan

Snom Support Team

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3339 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:17 PM

I'm sorry but we cannot assist you on this issue either as long as it's not confirmed that Cisco support extension monitoring the way it's implemented in our phones.

You might try to configure a function key as explained here, but choose "BLF" as key type. Don't believe this would get it working but it's worth a try.

After that attach a copy of the SIP trace (as attached text file please)

#7 graffspee

graffspee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:03 PM

If I set it up as a BLF and you press the function button that it is set up on all it does is just ring the extension that is setup on that button. When you look in the Sip Trace I see nothing at all in it that it is functioning. I have attached the Sip Trace txt.
As far as I can tell Cisco only supports the basic functions of the phone and nothing more.

Attached Files

#8 snomdc

snomdc

Snom Support Team

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:25 PM

If I set it up as a BLF and you press the function button that it is set up on all it does is just ring the extension that is setup on that button. When you look in the Sip Trace I see nothing at all in it that it is functioning. I have attached the Sip Trace txt.
As far as I can tell Cisco only supports the basic functions of the phone and nothing more.

When you set it up as a BLF and just press the function key without an incoming call to the other extension, then it is supposed to act as a 'speed dial' and ring the other extension. What happens if there is an incoming call to the other extension? Does the BLF led respond? And what happens when the function key is pressed while the other extension is ringing?

#9 graffspee

graffspee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:54 PM

When an incomming call comes in on that line the LED does not light up or show that a call is comming in on that extension and if you press the button during the incomming call nothing happens .

When you set it up as a BLF and just press the function key without an incoming call to the other extension, then it is supposed to act as a 'speed dial' and ring the other extension. What happens if there is an incoming call to the other extension? Does the BLF led respond? And what happens when the function key is pressed while the other extension is ringing?

#10 snomdc

snomdc

Snom Support Team

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:55 PM

I took a long look at the SIP trace you submitted, and it looks like you were trying to set up the BLF 'on' ext. 5417@192.168.41.165 and wanted it to 'indicate' status on ext. 5415@192.168.4x.xx. It looks like there are two attempts to do this and the pbx at 192.168.40.3 sent back two "SIP/2.0 403 Forbidden". That kind of makes me think that your "Cisco-CCM5.1" is not going to let you do this. If you find a way around this please post it so we all can learn.

#11 graffspee

graffspee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:21 PM

I have done a lot of looking into it and it seems that Cisco no matter what CCM version you have only supports basic functions on third party SIP phones. It seems when you set up a phone as SIP you loose a lot of functionality. They want you to buy their phones if you want all the extra features.... This seems to be accurate as after about 2 weeks of messing with it and reading all I could find on the subject points to that conclusion. We are supposidly going to upgrade to a newer version of CCM and if the newer version allows for these features to be used I will post it here. But I dont hold out much hope that even the newer version will be any different as far as SIP functionality is concerened since all I have read seems to not tell a different story.

I took a long look at the SIP trace you submitted, and it looks like you were trying to set up the BLF 'on' ext. 5417@192.168.41.165 and wanted it to 'indicate' status on ext. 5415@192.168.4x.xx. It looks like there are two attempts to do this and the pbx at 192.168.40.3 sent back two "SIP/2.0 403 Forbidden". That kind of makes me think that your "Cisco-CCM5.1" is not going to let you do this. If you find a way around this please post it so we all can learn.

#12 graffspee

graffspee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:18 PM

I have found a sort of work around that seems to be allowing me to setup the other extensions in such a way that they will work as a line appearance. If I set up the extension I want to appear as a Identity then go to the function key page and select that extension on the corresponding button . Then setup thge extension up in Callmanager on the corresponding association for that button. After all that it seems to function as a line apperance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users