20 replies to this topic

#1 Brian Snipes

Brian Snipes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 08:55 PM

Snom 370 with 7.1.30
Make the phone ring when you have a call on hold and another call is coming in. Also, add an option to have the phone ring with incoming calls in addition to the beep.

#2 Mat Murdock

Mat Murdock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 05:53 PM

I would like to see this also.

#3 Nicholas Baldridge

Nicholas Baldridge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:33 PM

Using 7.1.33 - I saw in the changelog that this feature was considered. Is it currently implemented? I upgraded to 7.1.33 and don't see the option anywhere.

If it has not been implemented, I would like this feature as well. The receptionist misses several calls a day because certain customers wish to be put on hold and she gets no notification of an incoming call (except for the flashing message light).

Thank you for your consideration.
-Nick

#4 Jason W.

Jason W.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 07:18 PM

Does anyone know if this issue has been addressed? We too are missing several calls a day due to the fact the receptionist does not see the other call ringing in.

#5 Mat Murdock

Mat Murdock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:47 PM

Does anyone know if this issue has been addressed? We too are missing several calls a day due to the fact the receptionist does not see the other call ringing in.

We were afraid that this would happen also. I ended up just putting another phone up on the front counter with her that would also ring on an incoming call. I hope that they get this fixed as well.

Mat

#6 sports

sports

Snom Support Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:17 PM

Snom 370 with 7.1.30
Make the phone ring when you have a call on hold and another call is coming in. Also, add an option to have the phone ring with incoming calls in addition to the beep.

Let me check, and would let you know.

#7 sports

sports

Snom Support Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:38 PM

Snom 370 with 7.1.30

I found a feature request has been opened SCPP-201.

#8 Joso

Joso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:26 AM

What is the status of this feature request? I too need this option as well

Thanks

#9 snomdc

snomdc

Snom Support Team

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:21 PM

Did a little checking and it appears it's 'still in the works'.

#10 Joso

Joso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:10 PM

Any ETA on when it will available? It is a huge problem because our receptionist is missing some calls.

Joso

#11 gled

gled

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:35 PM

related to my post ( http://forum.snom.co...?showtopic=1373 ), hope developpers will give us soon, that's a huge issue there too...

Thanks in advance for the great work !

#12 gled

gled

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 01:53 PM

up,

Any updates on this particular feature ?

Regards,

Gled

#13 snomdc

snomdc

Snom Support Team

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:15 PM

up,
Any updates on this particular feature ?
Regards,
Gled

It's still with the developers and I'll remind them that some of you would really like this feature. However, there are also people who see this as an annoyance because if you have a call on hold and are in the process of dialing a number to transfer it and another call comes in what 'sound' should you hear; the ringing of the incoming call; the tones of you dialing; should the transfer stop with the ringing; what should happen; etc.
Hmm....
B)

#14 chris9669

chris9669

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 05:34 PM

It's still with the developers and I'll remind them that some of you would really like this feature. However, there are also people who see this as an annoyance because if you have a call on hold and are in the process of dialing a number to transfer it and another call comes in what 'sound' should you hear; the ringing of the incoming call; the tones of you dialing; should the transfer stop with the ringing; what should happen; etc.
Hmm....
B)

I know that I don't speak for everyone, but I would rather accept ANY annoyance rather than missing a customer's call because of not getting or hearing an audible ring. Maybe two software choices should be made for this. One that can be loaded for those of us who need ringing and another for those you perfer it not. But not addressing this issue for those of us who are loosing money on a daily basis because this feature is not avaialble is causing many of us including myself to look elsewhere for another VoIP set that will perform this function. Our Polycoms are all configured for this feature with no issues.

#15 astervoice

astervoice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:25 AM

Folks!,

I am installing tomorrow an extra phone at a big client office (hidden below the receptionist desk... :lol: ) just to make this simple obvious feature come to life...

We switched the client from Avaia to Asterisk with Snom, all receptionists are used to hear all calls ring whatever the state of the hook is. They're all day surrounded with incoming rings and love it...

It should be so easy to choose. Just add the feature "Enable ringer while off hook" - YES/NO and let the user decide what to hear when call waiting arrive.

Please dear Snom company - do let the users decide - I know sometimes client's demand seems not very "wise" but that's what they are used and that's what they want and in somecases they even have a point :o - Please write those 3 (or 30) code lines for us...

Thanks in advance - In big love with your phones...

#16 snomdc

snomdc

Snom Support Team

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:51 PM

I'll pass this along...and we are very glad that you love our phones! B)

#17 qvadimus

qvadimus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:46 PM

Hello,

I am also in need of this feature. Has it been implemented yet and if so where is the option?

#18 hsoares

hsoares

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:55 PM

Hi,

I came across a big customer (150 Seats) with the need for this feature.

Is there an ETA for this feature on Snom Phones?

I notice that this Post came from April 2008... is there any technical reason why this canīs be done?

Thanks in advance.

#19 Abdul

Abdul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:52 AM

See the WIKI:

http://wiki.snom.com...ing_during_hold

#20 badreport

badreport

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Ways of improving credit ratings, money and why some people can't get it, credit history and how it affects our lives. Also banking, money making and more!

Posted 04 November 2010 - 10:48 PM

I personally think the beep is enough, a phone ringing while in use might sturtle people!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users