1 reply to this topic

#1 D1D

D1D

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

Hi,

I have 4 Snom 300 devices upgraded to Firmware 8.7.3.15, all connected to a SipXecs PBX.

The problem I'm having is that none of the Snoms will send RFC2833 DTMF, and I have tried all states of the "DTMF vis SIP INFO" option.

Looking at pcap from the Snom I see the following:

- With "DTMF vis SIP INFO: off" - No DTMF signals sent when pressing keys during a call!

- With "DTMF vis SIP INFO: on" - SIP INFO DTMF signals sent when pressing keys during a call (No RTP DTMF)

- With "DTMF vis SIP INFO: SIP INFO only" - SIP INFO DTMF signals sent when pressing keys during a call (No RTP DTMF) - as expected.

This prevents us from navigating menus in nearly all external IVRs which we use quite frequently!

Could this have something to do with all phones being upgraded on arrival? Is it possible to downgrade the Firmware from 8.7 to 7.x or 6.x to test this?

#2 D1D

D1D

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

Found the cause of this, if anyone happens to have the same problem...

I had changed the available codecs to just 'pcma' and 'pcmu', but had also mistakenly deleted "telephone-event" from the codec list.

Adding "telephone-event" back to codecs re-enabled DTMF via RTP.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DTMF, RFC 2833, Snom 300, DTMF via SIP INFO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users